Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sweet Summertime

I love summer. I mean really LOVE summer. I grew up in the south where we had 9 months of summer and now I live in the northwest where we have 9 months of winter. I hate snow - therefore I hate winter. I mean HATE winter.  When summer finally arrives here - its days are always numbered.  Only a few short weeks left and then poof - it will be gone.  Gone will be the days of capris and no coat.  Gone will be sandals and sunscreen. Boo hoo. I had a panic last weekend when I saw this:

Hay bales in a field. You may ask why hay bales would make me panic.  Hay bales = fall (which is not summer). I like fall, it's enjoyable....it reminds me of pumpkin pie and chili.  But it also brings snow - evil, horrible, cold snow. Bleh...I feel sick already. 
The only good thing that came out of this photo above is that it made me want to do a photo homage to summer.


Summer,

I love your... fresh fruit,


vegetable gardens,



campfires that roast marshmallows and make smores,


flowers,


farm fun,


green grass,


Family hikes,


bike rides, camping trips, swimming, runs without layers, nights that stay light past 5 pm, and hot days that provide a fabulous excuse for ice cream.  I will miss you when fall comes - hurry back!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment