Saturday, July 16, 2011

Yum....Nutella frosting!

When I lived in Ireland I was introduced to the wonderful creation of nutella.  The yummy, creamy, hazelnut and cocoa spread. A few months ago I found a nutella scone recipe and never got around to making it but luckily I did get around to buying nutella.  Last night while perusing other blogs I found a link to a nutella cupcake recipe.  That provided me enough motivation to finally open the container and dive in. 


They turned out terrific! Here's my comments though.  The recipe says the batter will be thin - yep - it is. No biggie, I just used a cookie scoop to make the cupcakes. I did use paper liners, and unfortunately the cake does stick to the liners.  I did a few with out the liners, and the cake stuck to the pan so I'm not sure what is the better option.  The frosting is mouthwatering! My only comment is that while mixing it, it did get 'dry' up until when you add the cream.  Just keep mixing and it will turn out fine.  I really enjoy the cupcake themselves, but not sure it's worth it if they stick that bad.  I think I will definitely make the frosting again (it made quite a bit) and just put it on regular chocolate cupcakes.  My one word of caution though - they're addictive...I couldn't stop at just one.

Here's a link to the recipe. Originally posted by Chef-n-training.

Update - stuck the cupcakes in the fridge and now they stick less to the paper. Still yummy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment