Saturday, October 8, 2011

FOOD FIGHT!!

Recently I saw a blog post where somebody had an annual cool whip fight.  It reminded me of one of my favorite childhood memories - we had a food fight in the backyard and were covered in sticky soda, Twinkies, and dirt. It was a blast! 

Fast forward twenty plus years and I decided to have a food fight with my family. I stocked up on canisters of cool whip, grape soda, and little cake snacks. My kids thought I was crazy at first.  (My husband already knows I am - ha ha.) 

I made sure we all had the same ammunition - but I did set a few rules. (I know - I'm a party pooper.)

Rules were - 1) this is the only time we do this - we don't do it at school, restaurants, home, or other peoples houses!!!  2) Do on to others as you would want done to yourself - i.e. don't dish it if you can't take it.  3) No faces - I don't want any eye or ear injuries.  4) Have fun!!!

In retrospect I should have made a 5th rule - no food/drink down the pants. Yuck!!!

The ammunition!!! (A 2 liter and Redi Whip canister for each of us.)

The prep table after.

Great way to dye a shirt purple!!



It was fun - even though there were some tears. (Maybe our youngest wasn't quite old enough.)  I will share some advice though: we had a hose on hand for afterwards but I really should have had a towel ready so we could wipe our faces off afterwards.  The cool whip oozed down our faces and got into an eye or two which was no fun.  Also - the redi whip canisters were a major disappointment. They didn't fire far enough and seemed to 'melt' - it got super liquidy before it even exited the canister.

No comments:

Post a Comment